The Best Affordable 3ft Punch Bag Sets
Making anyone engaged with exercise can be difficult, however, we found boxing can be a great introduction to exercise, discipline, weight loss, and fun. That’s why in this article, we will be showing you the best 3ft punch bag sets we offer.
At Sporteq, we truly believe that your health is your wealth, and we want to help you know what your options can be when it comes to looking after your physical health. As we continue, will be sharing with you the amazing health benefits of boxing.
What boxing can do for you
Boxing is a contact sport in which athletes fight each other via punching, which scores points that are then tallied by judges at the end of the allocated rounds, or they can win via KO (Knockout).
Even though the nature of boxing is technique driven, physically demanding and dangerous (if there are no professionals there to coordinate). You don’t need to have an opponent if you want to practice your technique or get on the path to start improving your general health through boxing.
Boxing can be considered an aerobic sport, meaning you need to have an aerobic capacity (or develop one) to be able to be proficient or see the benefits of it. Boxing has many benefits, this includes:
Improves balance and coordination
Throwing punches to a specific area, using combos and utilising footwork to able to dodge your opponent and manoeuvre around them to land a clean hit, are key features of boxing. As such, the routine of practising these elements leads to your body adapting and improving your baseline balance and coordination.
A professional boxer or even anyone with sufficient practice is able to dodge, punch, and manoeuvre to a new position within seconds. This is a result of focusing on the movement of their opponent or practice gear, whilst also focusing on how and where they are going to move in response.
As with physical conditioning, over time, boxing provides mental conditioning through harnessing focus. This improved concentration can be used in many other areas of your life and develops a level of discipline.
Everybody expresses stress differently, some people can lash out, slam doors, shout or even be physical. Although this is the worst way to express stress, it must be noted that boxing provides an opportunity for that stress to be released through the hitting of the punch bag, a healthier and safer alternative for everybody.
Due to the aerobic demand of boxing, punching, dodging and moving for three-minute rounds, people who are not used to prolonged physical activity may find that they lose weight as a result.
Boxing, as with any physical activity can boost your confidence the more you do it. This is because your consistency will be rewarded through results, whether it’s better technique, weight loss, or even feeling your improvement compared to when you first started. This empowerment and self-belief that you attain through your own actions will boost your confidence and can help your mental health.
With all of these mental and physical benefits, it is not hard to see the popularity of boxing and how people use it as an entry-level sport to begin their journey of physical fitness. With that being said, we at Sporteq are here to provide you with tools for your fitness journey through our 3ft punchbag sets.
We always recommend attending classes in which a professional will guide you in using the right technique, drills and equipment needed for boxing. We advise purchasing your own equipment as sharing gloves and hand wraps with others is unhygienic and unsafe due to the amount people generally sweat during boxing. We advise you to get your own:
- Handwraps – fabric wrapping that goes around the wrist, hands, knuckles and fingers. Correct hand wrapping leads to the fists, wrists and knuckles being supported and cushioned, whilst protecting your knuckles from friction burns. Enabling you to punch with no problem.
- Boxing gloves – They can come in different sizes and materials, our best advice for beginners is to start with a lightweight glove, to allow your arms to get used to punching with an added weight on the hands. Boxing gloves further facilitate the safety features of hand wraps, whilst also protecting the fingers and knuckles directly from the repetitive impact of punching.
Looking for a 3ft punchbag set?
Through the range of fitness equipment we provide, we would like to highlight our punchbag sets, which offer a great addition to home gyms, or if you run a boxing gym.
Please note that these can also be used as a kid’s punchbag as long as there is adult/ professional supervision.
3ft York Boxing tethered punchbag set
The York Boxing tethered punchbag set is an affordable and lightweight option for any budding health enthusiast/boxer. A good option as a junior punchbag due to its light filling. Its key features are:
- Double stitched re-enforced seams
- Material: Hard-wearing P.U vinyl
- Quality YKK zip-enclosed top with protected seam
- Textile material off-cuts used for bag fill
- Includes 4 x reinforced webbed hanging straps with sewn-in chrome plated d-rings
- Incorporates an anti-swing tethered loop facility at the base of the bag to enable fixing
- Weight: 20kg (39.7lbs)
The set comes in 3 options:
- Bag only
- Bag, gloves and bracket
- Bag, gloves and hook.
3ft Punch Bag Ceiling hanging Kit
Our 3ft Punch Bag Ceiling hanging kit clocks in at a slightly heavier weight at 22KG and contains everything you need to start boxing immediately, including hand wraps. Its features include:
- 3 FT HEAVY DUTY PUNCH BAG: with 22 kg weight approximately helps you to practice punching with different intensities so that you can learn to control your movement and power.
- REX LEATHER BOXING BAG: this is durable enough to develop your speed by hitting as fast and hard as you can to find your own punching potential.
- BAG MITTS: or training gloves offer protection against scrapes and contusions and lessen the transfer of impact forces into your body. This helps prevent injuries such as broken hands or bloody knuckles.
- HAND WRAPS: A boxing accessory that keeps your hands safe. A hand wrap must cover your wrist, your knuckles, your thumb and in between your fingers.
- CEILING HOOK: a steel swivel giving the punching bag strength and balance to move in 360 degrees direction while hitting.
An ideal option is a junior boxing set, again this option is suitable for kids as long as there is adult supervision. This junior punchbag set has the addition of hand wraps (when wrapped properly) to reduce friction on your knuckles whilst cushioning the punches thrown and also stabilising your wrist and hands.
3ft Punch Bag, BBE Heavy Filled Boxing Kit Set, ceiling hook, boxing gloves, wraps.
The BBE heavy-filled boxing set is the option we would recommend to intermediates/experts or people getting back into boxing after time away. The key difference in this model is the harder shell casing. Its features include:
- 3FT HEAVY FILLED BOXING BAG is ideal for the professional or home gym, as it is very robust, easy to install, and requires minimal height room.
- BENEFITS develop faster punches, aid in developing better footwork, develop accuracy in punches and kicks, develop better timing, work on your reflexes and reactions.
- LEATHER LOOK PUNCHING BAG is a staple part of any striker’s training regime, equally as important as sparring, pad work and shadow boxing. As you are hitting the punching bag you are working on many different muscles to improve specific muscle memory through automated striking techniques.
- PACKAGE includes full-size pre-curved bag gloves to protect your hands from injury while punching and also includes 4M hand wraps.
Start your health journey with Sporteq
In this blog, we hope to have addressed the benefits of exercise, using boxing as a platform by showing you the 3ft punchbags we offer. The team at Sporteq is always here to help. If you would like to contact us via email, click the link here.
You can call us at: 0161 354 2579
If you’d like more information on all things sports, head over to our blog page.